There are several reasons why you might have trouble connecting. This topic covers various troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue.
After each step, check if the issue still remains.
- Go to the site you want to access, click on the Hola VPN extension icon, and select the country you want to access the site from.
- Within the extension pop up, under “Is it working?”, select “no, fix it” to change the selected server to obtain a new IP address.
- Disable and enable the Hola VPN extension.
- Force the site to reload:
- For Windows: hold down Ctrl and press F5
- For Mac: hold down Command, Shift and press the ‘R’ key
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies:
- For Windows: press the keys Ctrl + Shift + Delete
- For Mac: press the keys Cmd + Shift + Delete
- Close the browser, reopen it, and try again.
- Disable other extensions to check if any of them is causing the problem.
- Uninstall the extension, reboot your device, and install the extension again.
- Disable other VPS (Virtual Private Server), proxy software, or other software that might conflict with Hola VPN.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of your browser installed.
- Temporarily disable any applications that may interfere. Your VPN connection might be blocked by a firewall, antivirus, or anti-spyware program. (remember to turn it back on again after testing).
- Uninstall and reinstall your web browser.
- Reboot your router: unplug the router > wait at least 30 seconds > plug in the router back in.